2020 Post Prom–Pioneers in Paradise
Date: Saturday/Sunday, March 21/22
Location: Fort Calhoun High School
Time Frame: 11:30pm-4:00am- Doors Lock at 12am and Unlock at 4am
The mission of the Post Prom Committee is to raise funds to pay for and create a fun, exciting event that young people will want to attend that is safe, as well as drug and alcohol-free. This is a major undertaking each and every year. It involves a large number of volunteers and a huge expenditure of volunteer hours. In addition, significant dollars must be raised to create the event. The result is that parents, students, and staff can have peace of mind knowing the students are having a great and safe experience.
The Committee is formed each year and is comprised of parents of Junior and Senior class members, other interested District patrons, the Junior-Senior High Principal, and the two Junior Class sponsors.
The 2020 Committee members are:
- Non-staff members – Angie Hurt, Tami Wells, Jamie Smith, Jamie Winterberg, Tammy Hilzendeger, Angela Hansen, Jen Lienemann, Colleen Nelson, Annie Halford, Teri McKennan and Amy Bench
- Jerry Green, Secondary Principal
Fundraising endeavors are a big part of the Committee’s work each year. Please come and help support the following events for the Post Prom Party.
December 10th, 2019-Lasagna Dinner in the High School Commons
January 16th, 2020-Lasagna Dinner in the High School Commons
February 16th, 2020-Knights of Columbus Pancake Feed-8 am -12 noon at St John the Baptist Catholic Church
March 13th, 2020- St John the Baptist Catholic Church Fish Fry-Dessert providers
Historically, we have used a number of different avenues to raise the thousands of dollars needed to stage a Post Prom event, such as:
- Dessert sales at one of the Saint John the Baptist Catholic Church’s Lenten Fish Fries.
- Admission from students with dates for Prom who are not members of the Junior or Senior class, who must pay $35.00 in order for their date to attend Post Prom.
- A donation of $35.00 is requested from the parents of each Junior and Senior.
- Each year unsolicited donations are received from the Districts patrons.
- An annual solicitation is done of individuals and businesses in the community.
Thank you for helping with this cause to keep our students safe after Prom.