The mission of the Post Prom Committee is to raise funds to pay for and create a fun, exciting event that young people will want to attend that is safe, as well as drug and alcohol free. This is a major undertaking each and every year. It involves a large number of volunteers and a huge expenditure of volunteer hours. In addition, significant dollars must be raised to create the event. The result is that parents, students, and staff can have peace of mind knowing the students are having a great and safe experience.
The Committee is formed each year and is comprised of parents of Junior and Senior class members, other interested District patrons, the Junior-Senior High Principal, and the two Junior Class sponsors.
The 2014-15 Committee members are:
- Non-staff members – yet to be announced
- Jerry Green, Secondary Principal
- Mary Donahoe, Class Sponsor
- Karli Johnson, Class Sponsor
Fundraising endeavors are a big part of the Committee’s work each year. Historically they have used a number of different avenues to raise the thousands of dollars needed to stage a Post Prom event, such as:
- Lasagna dinners
- Dessert sales at one of the Saint John the Baptist Catholic Church’s Lenten Fish Fries
- Mr. Calhoun
- Admission from students with dates for Prom who are not members of the Junior or Senior class, who must pay $25.00 in order for their date to attend Post Prom
- A donation of $30.00 is requested from the parents of each Junior and Senior
- Each year unsolicited donations are received from the Districts patrons
- An annual solicitation is done of individuals and businesses in the community
The Post Prom event is on a two year rotation: one year it is on site; the second year is off site.