Golf Team Agenda
1. Hand out all papers.
2. All paper work needs to be in order (2 office, 1 for Humphrey) and handed in by Friday March 4th.
3. Golf team rules.
4. Practice discussion. River Wilds at Blair. Depends on weather. Must be ready on very short notice.
5. Check FCActivities/Golf for updates on practices.
6. Explain qualifying rounds and power ratings.
7. Equipment check. Clubs, shoes, balls, tees, towel, ball mark repair tool, sun block, hat, gloves, umbrella, etc.
8. What can you do when weather and ground do not allow for real practice? Golf videos, golf magazines, watch golf on TV, putt around, chip around (most strokes in the golf game).
9. Golf shirts, Nike, Adidas order. Must be ordered by Tuesday, March 9. Checks made out to Dustin Humphrey. (I order them off of my credit card.)
Fort Calhoun High School Golf Team Rules
1. All practices and team meetings are mandatory. A missed practice/meeting must have prior approval by the coach. This includes a note or phone call from a parent/guardian. An unexcused missed practice will result in non-qualification for the subsequent meet. Detentions/Office Referals, Suspensions/Friday Schools and Helps count as unexcused practices.
2. Students will be transported to and from Fort Calhoun High School to the golf course by school van. Students will not be allowed to ride to or from the golf course in a private vehicle. (Metro needs approval)
3. Three strikes and you are out (off of the golf team). Strikes are unexcused practices, tardiness to the golf course, inappropriate behavior, profanity, vulgarity, inappropriate dress, etc.
4. Any attempt at cheating or cutting strokes during practice or meets that is reported or observed will be immediate grounds for being dropped from the team.
5. “Gimmies” or short putts that are not stroked into the hole and are picked up will be considered cheating.
6. All NSAA golf rules shall be observed.
7. The Fort Calhoun student and athletic handbook will be enforced.
8. Proper golf attire will be expected at all times. Team members are required to wear collared shirts and jackets during all competition. Hat or visors are not to be worn backwards. Collared shirts are required at golf course practices (playing on the course) and all meets.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – (Cut and return lower portion)- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
I hereby acknowledge that I have read the above Golf Rules and agree to adhere to these rules while participating in golf at Fort Calhoun High School.
This means replacing divots, repairing marks in the green, respecting the course where you are playing and respecting the members of the course. Using the word ”Fore” when necessary, not going ahead of people in your group. Farthest out hits first, letting members play through in carts or on foot if they are going faster and the holes are open in front of your group. No yelling or profanity on the course. Remember, you represent yourself, the school and your community.
Anyone caught cheating, suspected of cheating or reported to be cheating could be immediately dropped from the team. A “miscalculation” needs to be immediately addressed at the hole where the “miscalculation” just took place by the scorekeeper of that person and/or other members of the group. It is after the fact at the end of the round and the case is closed.
It is important to maintain passing grades during your high school career. It is also important to keep up on your school work in order to sign out for the many meets and invites that take time out of the classroom schedule. If you cannot get signed out, we will move to the next qualifier. If you are failing any subject, you will not get as much practice time because you will be required to bring homework with you, and you will work on classwork so that you can get off of the ineligibility list.
On the Green
A ball line is the imaginary “estimated path” the ball would take to go in the hole. This line should never be stepped in or walked on. Always respect the other players ball lines and mark your ball accordingly. If the possibility exists that you will hit another players ball that has not been marked, ask them to mark it. Give the other players room to putt and remain quiet. Stay out of their sight line and do not cast a shadow over their ball line. Remember, repair all marks on the green.
Pace of Play
Its is OK to be bad at golf, it is not OK to be slow. We must keep up the pace of play and play ready golf while still adhering to the rules and proper golf etiquette. If you are struggling on any particular day, please limit practice swings and be prepared to move as quickly as possible. If a member of the course is golfing faster than you and catches up to you, let them play through.
The golf standards have been posted in the golf room, in the vans and they are on the website. Please read and discuss with Coach Humphrey if you have any concerns with the golf standards.
Fort Calhoun High School Golf Letter Requirements
1. Play in 25% of golf invites and duals and triangulars on the varsity level.
2. Be a senior who has played a complete season for 3 consecutive years or more and remained in good standing.
3. Play at district golf and be a contributing score of the 4 counted as team score.
4. Coaches discretion.