The Fall Sports Kickoff schedule is as follows:
- Volleyball Scrimmage: 5:30 @ the HS gym
- Softball Game vs. Syracuse: 5:30 @ the Fort Calhoun ballfields
- Announcing the Cross Country, Dance Team, and Cheerleaders starting at 7:15 pm on the Track
- Football Scrimmage: 7:30 @ the HS
The Fort Calhoun Booster Club will be serving Hamburgers, Brats, and Hot Dogs with chips, dessert, and drinks from 5:00-7:30 pm.
Cost for the meal:
- All High School Fall Athletes (Football, Softball, Volleyball, Cross Country, Dance, and Cheer) eat for free
- Student Meal: $4
- Adult Meal:$7
Please come out and support your Pioneers!
Congratulations to Vince Hartline. Vince was one of over 1,500 participants in the 8th annual Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality calendar contest, and one of thirteen winners chosen for the 2014 calendar. Vince is pictured with Governor Dave Heineman on the left and NDEQ Director Mike Linder on the right. Copies of the calendar can be requested by sending an e-mail request to NDEQ.firstname.lastname@example.org
“I teach , what’s your super power?” Third and Fourth grade teachers at Fort Calhoun Elementary prepared to get students excited for a new school year. The children were each given a card taped to their desks that read “I LEARN, what is your super power. ” The teachers explained that each of them has the power to learn, to work hard, to be responsible, to be kind. Those are all important powers that they are going to build on this year. Then, each student created their own masks and capes to wear.
How did we get to where we are today as we approach the School Bond vote?
- Learn about the planning process.
- Get facts about the facilities and the budgets.
- Understand what the true costs are and what that gets us in addition and renovations.
- Ask questions.
Click on the “BOND FAQ” link at the top of our website to find this kind of information. You can also ask questions on the website and get responses from Boyd Jones, the construction managers of this project.
If you cannot find an answer on this site or are not satisfied with the response you receive, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Johnson at 402-468-5596 for accurate information.
“Welcome Back” to another fantastic school year at Fort Calhoun Community Schools. The first day of school is rapidly approaching – Thursday, August 15, 2013. Our teachers have been working hard to learn and develop powerful and engaging curriculum tools, which will propel our students into the future with the skills they need to be successful. In addition, the support staff has been creating an environment that is both comfortable and safe for the students. Best wishes on a wonderful school year.
The District’s redesigned website is here with a new look, better functionality, and more information!
We have added a number of “quick” links across the top to speed your connection to many of the most commonly used pages on the school website, including: Directory, which gives you a list of all District employees, E-mail, Calendars, and Moodle.
Under each heading, the sub-menus are organized in alphabetical order. In addition, you now have “mouse over” capability so you can see the drop down menu for each of the menu headings. Here is a brief description of what you will find under each heading:
- About FCCS: is where you would look for District level information
- Schools: has building level information
- Pioneer Pride: this is where you will find information on sports, clubs, performing arts, and academic achievement
- Students, Parents, Staff: this is where you will find information and/or links needed or used by each of these specific groups
- Community Organizations: this has pages for affiliated organizations that support or enhance the District’s mission
The website is designed to be your “go to” location for information and news about the District. We have added handbooks and other “official” documents, as well as printable forms for your convenience. We will continue to build these and other aspects of the website as we move forward.
Although change can present a challenge, we are convinced that you will find the website to be user friendly and come to appreciate the many benefits of the new design. If you have questions or need assistance as you begin the learning process for the new site, feel free to contact the elementary or high school office.